Full Job Description
PACKAGE: £30-40K (negotiable dependent on experience) + BENEFITS + OTE £70K
WHO ARE WE?
The Discovery ADR Group is a rapidly expanding talent acquisition and talent management organisation. Fundamentally, we make it easier for companies to attract, develop and retain exceptional talent within their businesses. We are pioneers and leaders in our field of expertise applying global thinking on a local level.
We have grown exponentially from our humble beginnings in graduate recruitment to become well recognised for exceptional results, efficiencies and service delivery across entry level and executive hires; both domestically and internationally. We are particularly strong in the food, manufacturing and engineering sectors.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
Over the last 17 years we have built an enviable reputation as a business clearly defined by the commitment to excellence and the results we deliver. We are a values driven business where hard work and integrity is recognised and rewarded. Every single member of the team plays a massively important part in our success.
We are passionate about seeing people flourish at all points in their career and we hold an unswerving belief that companies are better when they develop their people.
For our part we have developed a recruitment and development process, unique to Discovery which boasts the highest retention rate of hires over a five year period – significantly bucking the industry trend!
As with most businesses the entrepreneurial heart of the business starts with the founding members and with this follows the requirement to bolster the team with ‘like-minded’ achievers. The future successes and growth will come from building an exceptional team around us and this is where the role of a highly talented Sales Manager comes in.
You will have the autonomy and responsibility to build a brand new team capitalising on the success to date. The sales manager’s role does not carry a personal target; instead your focus should be on using your experience and expertise as a previous significant biller to train and develop your team for optimum performance. This is a ‘coaching / leaders’ role and your successes will be clearly demonstrated by the results of your team.
Unlike the more traditional agency approach, your team will be supported by a highly skilled operational team who are trained to identify and assess talent for the organisations with whom we partner and will deliver on the assignments you win.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- To recruit and develop a team of Recruitment Consultants to focus on core markets for companies looking to secure graduate and executive hires.
- To act as a sales coach and leader upholding the core values of the business, being an inspiration at all times
- Use previous experience of winning and developing clients and, delivering on assignments to train best practice for our profession.
OUR IDEAL PERSON
- A minimum of four years in recruitment with demonstrable evidence of achieving targets and at least one year in a team leader or sales management role.
- Demonstrable evidence of leadership capability and performance coaching.
- Demonstrable success of delivering on assignments.
- Educated to degree level with a minimum of a 2:2.
- Possess strong numerical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritise.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite in particular Excel.
- Ability to present with confidence and contribute to discussions with the senior team.
- Ability and confidence to make decisions
- Self-awareness and awareness of others
- Possess excellent organisational, team working, leadership and communication skills whilst motivating and encouraging other team members.
- Possesses and uses initiative
- Highly presentable and be confident in front of clients.
- Copes well under pressure with change and adversity.
- Mature and balanced – Commercially mature and ‘streetwise’
- Possess a willingness and ambition for additional training.
- Well presented – very smart and aware of the importance of image and personal brand.
- Be flexible, adaptable, reliable and wholly committed to doing the best job possible.
- Live in Birmingham or be willing to relocate
- Full UK driving license.
Does that sound like you or the type of challenge you want? We would like to hear from you if you are looking for an exciting opportunity to further develop your career as we may well be the company to be able to support this.
JOIN THE TEAM!
We are committed to employee development, supporting additional qualifications, providing excellent remuneration and benefits package. Our culture is highly encouraging and supportive.
It’s not all work though; we take time to celebrate our successes with company days out, monthly drinks nights, a quarterly dining club, monthly breakfast meetings, rewards and incentives.
All in all, we are a great company to work with!
We are passionate about our people and will provide you with all of the training and support that you will need to be successful.